Old September 17th 04, 02:41 PM
Thierry

"KC1DI" wrote in message ...
Thierry wrote:
Thanks for all comments.

I Use
two off center fed dipoles (miss nomer windoms) here one is cut for 40m
long the other 20m long the 40m long one is fed with a 4:1 balun and 75
ohm coax the 20m long is fed with 300 ohm open wire line to a tuner.
both antennas do a good job for me. I do mostly causual dxing (but as
one poster has already said you'll have to decide which propagation mode
you are seeking if grayline put up a vertical or other lowangle radiator
for 80meters.) They are mounted at 90 degrees to each other. I've been
able to work lots of dx on these antennas .. I had two g5rv's up prior
to these and from a pure operational veiw point find them a little
better at my location.

For sure the location add a bias factor, soil, rock, sand, trees, etc affect
the radiation pattern, all the more that on my Windom the coax segment will
be at 50% in trees... although the ladder line of my G5RV was in the air,
off trees...
Anyway, I will have the confirmation in a few weeks.
If results are "unattended" I will post a new msg.

73
Thierry, ON4SKY

hope this is of some help.
73 Dave