Old August 13th 04, 05:38 PM
Frank Dresser

"clifto" wrote in message

Some government bureaucracies are just as bad under Dems as under Repubs.
EPA, FDA, FCC are the worst of those.

True. But I rather like it when a bureaucratic decision can be explained in
terms of a party's principles, rather than just explaining it in terms of
the highest bidder.

The BPL decision is one such decision. The Republicans left it up to a
marketplace decision. I know it's widely claimed that the power companies
are throwing big bucks at the political campaign funds to push through BPL,
but I haven't seen any hard evidence of that. Aside from power line
monitoring functions, most power companies haven't really shown much
enthusisiam for BPL. The actual BPL developers look more like a bunch of
dot-com'ers, rather than lobbying powerhouses.

It's also worth mentioning that the domestic SW spectrum was largely opened
up under the Reagan and the first Bush administration.

Frank Dresser