Old August 14th 04, 04:01 PM
Tim Shoppa

"Smokey" wrote in message ...
Yiiikes! $18.95 for a COBY! Ouch.

Well, I don't hold the shipping charges against COBY...

Your assessment was correct. COBY is junk. And I also agree with respondent
"Mike" --- COBY is probably a company as he described.

Actually I've been amazed by some of the products they turn out. They sell
5" B/W TV's for $14.00... they aren't good (no DC restoration) but they
mostly work.

So, Tim, just use your COBY for what it is, casual listening when you don't
want to carry much weight or size.

In the past week I've found that it's somewhat usable. It gets the
"big name" SW broadcasters well enough (when they don't happen to land on
an image of a local MW station). The frequency display is pretty much
on the money (I've owned a long string of SW portables over the years and
while I can tune around knowing where the big boys are by ear I can certainly
see how a newbie with just a frequency listing in a book would be lost without
a digital frequency display). Still the images of local MW stations
throughout all the ranges frustrates me.

Tim.