Old September 18th 04, 10:56 AM
Thierry

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
ink.net...
Indeed, all the interest of the thing..., hence my question.
But I wonder also about the QRM pick-up along this vertical segment...
I will have the answer in two weeks.

Thierry, ON4SKY

Why would QRM be a problem ? The beter the antenna the more signal it

will
pick up. Maybe you ment QRN (noise) instead of M (undesired radio

signals)
?

No ! I speak of QRM, made made, due to vertical segment (vertical polarized
I believed) that, i thougth, 'd pick up more QRM, in the same way as a
vertical antenna coupled to a dipole tight horizontally e.g..
But in this case it doesn't as this is a common-mode choke balun ; there is
no RF radiation form the coax.
In all cases I will see the result in the field very soon, adn could
appreciate both designs (dipole vs. windom).

Thierry, ON4SKY