Old August 16th 04, 01:31 PM
DeWayne

"byrnefm" wrote in message
om...
I got my Sangean upgraded to the Super-909 and I have to say, I did
notice an improvement to reception in the MW band and LW band, at any
rate (SW varies anyway, so it's harder to tell here). My best catch
with the Super 909 so far was VoA being transmitted on 1530kHz from
São Tomé (along the equator, near Gabon) - 4700+ miles from where I
live in Dublin - and this was just with the built-in antenna!

I got a very good price on the radio from thiecom.de, so the cost of
it plus the upgrade was only a little more than buying the standard
909 in the UK. I'm very pleased with the Super 909, at any rate!

Regards,
..Francis

Do you listen to any SSB?

DeWayne