Old August 17th 04, 04:53 AM
Mark

As the price difference would imply, the AOR AR-7030 is quite a different
radio from the ICF-2010.

If you are only interested in listening to broadcast, AM, shortwave( is this
what you mean by "talk radio"), then the 2010 may be amply suitable for this
purpose.

On the other hand, if you want, and can, put up a decent antenna or two, and
chase more exotic (DX) and utility type stuff, then the AR-7030 is the more
capable radio, as I understand. (The ICF2010 doesn't do too bad in this
regard either!).

Mark.

"aristotle" wrote in message
om...
I am new to short wave radio and would like to know what is the
difference in buying a Sony 2010 radio for around $500 as compared to
an AOR AR-7030+ for $1600. Money is not the object, listening ability
is. I am hooked on listening to talk radio and thoroughly enjoy
learning about world events.