Old September 19th 04, 02:11 AM
NN7Kex(NOSPAM)k7zfg

K5VSE wrote:
I live in the forest, and use a couple of resonant dipoles hiding in the
trees. I have no problems at all. Once, during our ice storm, one of them
came down when a tree broke off and fell. SWR is fine, and get good signal
reports.

Go for it.

Only caviet-- You need at least a general for 30 MHz, or below, but
the absorbsion of rf at those freqs is minimal, tho the HEIGHT, at lower freqs
for a good pattern (for long distance) might be a problem. But , say on 80-40
even at around 20 foot elevation, can work reliably several hundred miles!
20 and up meters shouldn't present much of a problem, and at 6 and 2 meters yagi
be best bet, but relatively small size. Have fun- Jim NN7K