Old August 17th 04, 01:39 PM
finch

TheGnome wrote:
I'm going off to college this week, and I'm bringing my IC-746 with
me. I only plan on using 2 meters occansionally, and have shortwave on
in the background while doing work or something. Any time I seriously
want to get on the air I can do it from the campus station with proper
antennas. I'll be in a dorm room, first floor, so I won't have the
ideal location for an outdoor antenna. What's a good antenna to use in
a dorm room for AM and SW?

Thanks in advance...

I lived in an apartment building a bunch of years ago and was told "NO
ANTENNAS!!"

So of course I put one up anyway.

What I did was I purchase a bunch of feet of thin wire colored
about the same as the exterior of the building.
I ran it out my window and along discrete morter joints and
places where I could hide it on inside corners of places where little
brick ledges jutted out until I found a discrete place to go vertical.

Little bits of colored putty or even tack weld it every couple of feet
with glue.

Worked great and was never discovered.