Old August 17th 04, 01:56 PM
byrnefm

De Wayne wrote:
Do you listen to any SSB?

I have done a bit of SSB listening (just last weekend for the first
time with it), around 3.7MHz and tuned in the caller successfully.
Also tried two other frequencies a little lower down (3.5-3.6MHz) with
success. Haven't tried it on the other bands yet (eg around 7MHz).

I have to say that one thing that is definitely an improvement over
the standard ATS-909 (in my opinion, anyway!) is the speaker - music
on FM sounded pretty poor if there was any amount of bass involved.
The RDS indicator could be a lot better, though - the signal has to be
very strong for the radio to decode the RDS signal. (I know RDS isn't
used that much in the US but in Europe it's more popular: for example,
18 out of the 21 stations that I pick up in Dublin use it and two of
the non-users are pirate stations).

Regards,
...Francis