Old August 18th 04, 05:14 AM
Michael Black

"mike0219116" ) writes:
The 2010 was discontinued in late 2002.

I saw a new-in-box 2010 go for $800 on eBay about a month ago.

But that would seem to reflect at the very least getting caught up in an
auction, and likely someone who specifically wants one. If you want a
specific receiver, then you don't have much choice but to pay what the
market demands. But if someone is just looking for function, surely
there are many choices nowadays.

Michael

"Dan" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23:29:37 GMT, "Brian"
wrote:

You may consider the Icom R75, which, if you are willing to spend five
hundred bucks for the 2010, I'd suggest, since it goes for about the same
price.

I was wondering about this. Is the 2010 still available new?
Because $500 is *way* too much for a used one. They routinely go on
eBay for $200 - $300, maybe $350 for a really minty one with box,
manuals, etc.

Dan