Old September 19th 04, 02:54 PM
John DeGood

Jack Twilley wrote:

My new location has a short narrow attic with a traditional shape --
gentle pitch from a raised ridge which crosses the house along the
long axis, like a triangular prism. I have a fan dipole from my last
location that I'd like to try to reuse. Will I be able to get away
with putting the longest legs of the dipole along the center line,
parallel to the ground, and then putting the shorter legs (what was
once an inverted vee) angling towards the corners of the roof?

Yes it will "work", but the 40 meter dipole (and depending on the
elevation of your attic, possibly the 20 meter dipole as well) will
probably function as high angle radiators. If NVIS communication on 40
meters is your goal, you may view this as a good thing. But NVIS
communication on 20 meters isn't common, so expect mediocre performance
on that band if you don't have at least a 2 or 3 story house.

73, John NU3E