Old August 18th 04, 08:24 PM
Brian Hill

"T. Early" wrote in message

"martybeansuc" wrote in message
groups.com...

"Peter Breslin" wrote in message
news
Hello. I need help from the group. I'm looking to purchase a

semi
high end radio and have about $1000 to spend.

Save yourself from spending $1000 on a shortwave radio.

Doing such would be a VERY foolish thing to do.
There is simply **not** a SW radio I know of that is worth that
kind of mobey - period.

Get yourself a Tecsun digital SW and it will do all you
need it to do for under $100. (see links below)

Meaning no disrespect to the Tecsun, how is it that someone who I have
no recollection of ever having posted here before has such a
definitive view on the value of higher end radios? I'd like to know
since I've been saving for 2 years for a used Drake R8 and presently
have $96.12 in various coins, mostly pennies. Am I wasting my time?

It also takes talent to operate a high end radio properly and once you learn
to tweak the controls right the experienced listener knows were that extra
money went. I've always been a DX hound and utility listener and no Tecsun
is going to cut it for my needs.

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian