Old August 18th 04, 10:25 PM
David Eduardo

"lsmyer" wrote in message
This is a link to an article investigating leukemia rates in areas near AM
transmitters.

http://www.wired.com/news/medtech/0,1286,64579,00.html

I don't doubt that high levels of RF can be dangerous. The first two chief
engineers I worked with both died of cancer in their 50s.

Maybe they got cancer from some other cause (both smoked), but I still
feel
like I'm inside a microwave oven anytime I'm around an AM transmitter
site.

The thoroughly undocumented cases (no studies of groundwater contamination,
etc.) was based on the effects of stations with twice the power allowed in
the US on AMs.

Low levels of AM as experienced in the US would be very different.