Old August 19th 04, 03:29 PM
R J Carpenter

"David Eduardo" wrote in message

The thoroughly undocumented cases (no studies of groundwater

contamination,
etc.) was based on the effects of stations with twice the power allowed in
the US on AMs.

Low levels of AM as experienced in the US would be very different.

While I think this whole thing is just another pseudo-science scare.... It
is NOT true that US stations have much lower field strength on AM. AFAIK,
very few foreign stations are directional at any power. Some US 50 kW
stations have pretty potent ERP in their beam. Not a megawatt, but quite a
bit nevertheless.

I'm a lot more worried about teens and others I see wandering around with a
cell-phone permanently attached less than an inch from their brain.