Old September 19th 04, 10:13 PM
Thierry

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Thierry wrote:
Without speaking about heigth above ground, QRG and length, how do we
explain the more or less omnidirectional pattern against a dipole, see
diagram at

http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/Radi...on-pattern.gif
if there is no radiation from the coaxial ?

The vertical coax section between the impedance matching device at the
feedpoint and the RF choke is designed to radiate and it does. The
coax between the RF choke and the source is designed not to radiate.
--

Hi Cecil,

it is well what i though, but in my case this is a Carolina Windom like on
this drawing
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/Radi...windom-dwg.gif

The balun is attached to the wire and there is no segment above it. the coax
enter the balun and the otehr side goes to the TX
hence my question. And is this design still a Carolina Windom, excepted the
segemnts of 1/3 2/3, it looks more to a hybrid between the dipole and the
Windom... isn't it ?
And on this model, if it uses a choke balun (what is not sure) the coax 'd
not radiate RF, othewhise of course if radiate much, like an vertical

Thierry, ON4SKY

73, Cecil, W5DXP