Old August 20th 04, 05:02 PM
Mark Zenier

In article ,
Honus wrote:
Nope, not a thing. I've got a few people in the killfile, but I'm not one of
them. And of course, neither are the other people whose posts are
missing. If no one else is noticing this, I'm going have to start looking at
Verizon. I've only been with them a couple of months. I've noticed that they
don't seem to carry as many newsgroups as Earthlink did. Wish I'd known that
before I hitched up with them.

Earthlink has good news servers, but a lot of the other big outfit's
news servers just aren't up to it. They just don't care.

There are third party news servers, some are cheap if you avoid the
accounts tailored for the binary downloader freaks. You can buy
a measured block of several gigabytes from Octanews or Astraweb, or
Newsguy has an inexpensive annual subscription for text groups.

Mark Zenier Washington State resident