Old August 20th 03, 10:12 PM
Joel Kolstad

Randy N wrote:
I would like to have something plug into my cable tv jack that can
transmit the cable over to another antenna that is plugged into the
VHF input on the VCR in another room. That way I would not have to
run cable from the cable jack in my bedroom to the home theater system
in the living room.

Well, the problem here is that the bandwidth of that coaxial cable coming
out of the wall is probably on the order of 200-500MHz, depending on how
many channels you cable TV provider gives you. You aren't going to find any
reasonably priced device that'll transmit that much bandwidth wirelessly.

Any ideas??

Hire some talented kid to run that cable for you for, say, $50-$100?

You might want to take a mozy around the exterior of your house and see
where the TV cable is (I'm assuming your house wasn't originally built wired
for cable -- otherwise I can't imagine there wouldn't already be an outlet
in the living room); you might find there's an opportune place to tap into
it a lot closer to your living room than your bedroom is.

---Joel Kolstad