Old September 20th 04, 12:30 AM
Thierry

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Thierry wrote:
it is well what i though, but in my case this is a Carolina Windom like

on
this drawing
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/Radi...windom-dwg.gif

The balun is attached to the wire and there is no segment above it. the

coax
enter the balun and the otehr side goes to the TX
hence my question. And is this design still a Carolina Windom, ...?

Good Grief! No, that is *NOT* a Carolina Windom, which is an antenna
sold by Radio Works. Hopefully, they have it copyrighted and therefore
can object to the above BS. See it at

http://www.radioworks.com/ccwcover.html

The antenna you mention is simply an off-center-fed dipole, not really
a Windom at all. (Why are people with 65 IQ's allowed to build web pages?)

the 65 IQ has nothing to do with it. The problem is that the manufacturer
sold it as a Windom...
and it is as it is off center fed... with a simple balun and coax, but the
opposite is not true.
Ok it is not a carolina, it 's only me who mixed both designs.

73
Thierry

--
73, Cecil, W5DXP