Old August 21st 04, 10:39 PM
Howard

On 21 Aug 2004 20:24:26 GMT, ospam (Michael Bryant)
wrote:

From:
(J999w)

Fiber Optic cables cut in high desert at 10am (local) and commutation lost,
cell, tele and internet. Came beck up at 3pm.

1. What the heck are you talking about?
2. Please use a spell checker.

Hey, cut Burr some slack! All those terrorist attacks in California have made
him real paranoid....

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A,
Degen 1102, GE SRll, Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nospam" to reply)

Terrorist attacks in California is not a new thing ......... so far,
most have been 'domestic terrorism' though.

Several power outages in 1999 were due to 'intrusion' into the power
grid as the doomsayers were gearing up for the Y2K nightmare that
wasn't and talk to the SUV dealer who fell prey to the ELF. Yup,
terrorism by the classic definition; though not Al Queda. So, while
your comment was made in jest - there is some merit in having concern
about some things.

There are many prime targets in California (as in many locations) due
to heavy clusetering of high-tech/aerospace companies. I work in an
area bounded by LA International Airport, USAF Space Command,
Raytheon, Boeing, Chevron Refinery a flourinated gas processing plant
and Northrop as well as a power generation facility and the major
sewage treatment plant for LA County. Anti-terror posturing is no
laughing matter when you consider the carnage a few dedicated loons
with explosives could do - especially at the refinery or the gas
facility where if the explosion doesn't get you - the toxic releases
will. To me, the type of facilities listed above would be more
concern than the corner ARCO station .... which I'm not even sure if
Burr meant as a real issue or if he was just getting us going as he
often does 8-}