Old August 22nd 04, 12:38 AM
Vanilla Gorilla (Monkey Boy)

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 21:16:00 GMT, Moderate Mammal
wrote in alt.fan.art-bell in message
:

On 21 Aug 2004 15:07:53 -0000, er
(Thought CrĪmĪnal) wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...ention.police/ --must see photo

NEW YORK (CNN) -- A mob of chanting "demonstrators" clashed with police Thursday in Brooklyn in a mock protest held to review arrest procedures ahead of the Republican National Convention.

At a New York Police Department training facility, Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly oversaw four practice scenarios in preparation for the GOP convention in New York City August 30 -September 2.

In one drill, reporters saw how a driver can be pulled from a truck and arrested, as police will be prepared to do around Madison Square Garden.

Vehicles coming into the convention center will have to pass one of eight devices set up to screen for explosives or anything attached to the underside of a vehicle.

How police plan to deal with civil disobedience arrests and how authorities will escort a peaceful march were explained.

Police also displayed some of the high-tech security equipment that will be in use during the convention.

One device, known as a "sally port" will allow police to inspect the undercarriages of all vehicles entering the convention area.
----------
Wow, I love this New Freedom under Bush, I'm Sure We Gain Even more liberties under Bush's Second Term.

Maybe they should lock them in cages with barbed wire as they did in
Boston.

Can we put a barbed wire fence all the way around NYC? I'd vote for
that, as long as it is done while the convention is going on.
--
V.G.

Change pobox dot alaska to gci.
"I wanted a car I could run down pedestrians with. But one with a comfy ride, like a sofa on wheels." - Father Haskell

"No doubt about it, 9-11 was orchestrated by Lockheed." - *lexa 'connects the dots' 4/27/04 )

"Nope, Lockheed provided the cover for 9-11 due to abuses of it's system. They're guilty as charged. But ultimately it was Bechtel who concocted the
9-11 events." Alexa connects some totally different dots. 8/6/04 )

Sarcasm is my sword, Apathy is my shield.