Old August 22nd 04, 03:12 PM
Diverd4777

Might consider How portable a set you want;
Carry around? Travel? Shirt pocket
The Grundig 800 Is portable; quite a good set and under $800 BTW..

I use the Sangean 606A and a Sony AN-LP1 for travel..
Also consider the Sony 7600GR

In article ,
(Thurston Howell III) writes:

Getting back into Shortwave after a 10 year absence. This has probably
been discussed often, but would like your current opinions as to what
is the "best" (all around for a casual weekend listener) portable
Shortwave radio in the less than $500.00 price range. I am looking at
YB 400PE, Sangean 909, etc. Any others? Pros and cons of the two
listed above. I just ordered the new Passport, but have not received
it yet. Thanks, and I look forward to the discussion. Thurston Howell
III