Old August 22nd 04, 03:15 PM
dxAce

"Steve St. Denis" wrote:

The problem with these people who post to newsgroups that have nothing to do
with the news group subject and all the porno posts is very easy to fix if
you really want to, First understand that these people don't care about our
hobby amateur radio or shortwave, all they want to do is get you ****ed off
so you will reply to their posts this is the game they play, If you really
want to fix this problem and help everyone on this group this is what you do
and this works for any newgroup.

DON'T reply to these peoples posts, this is exactly what they want you to
do, by replying to these fools all you do is give them a platform to play
their little games, also by getting mad and posting replies you make the
situation worse for everyone. First what I have done is go through all the
posts on the newsgroup and click on the post that offends you once it is
highlighted in Outlook Express all you do is click on the Message tab and
click on BLOCK SENDER, do this to everyone of the post you don't want to see
again, it will only take a little time to do and at the end you have a clean
newsgroup with posts that have to do with the subject the group was started
for. What even makes things worse are all the people who get mad and post
replies to these posts, what you end up doing is making things even worse
for everyone now instead of having one bad post you have several bad posts
form many people, what I have had to do is go in and block all the peoples
post who reply to these bad posts, It's bad enough having these people
posting to the newsgroups but then you have several people replying and this
is making it even worse, so sadly I have had to BLOCK ALL POSTS from people
who reply to these bad post to clean up the newsgroup.

Now every time I receive new post on this group at least 99 % of all the bad
posts are gone and the problem of people replying to the bad posts is fixed,
once in a while when a new fool posts to the group and someone thinks they
have to reply to the post I just BLOCK both of them. The problem is fixed
and now I can enjoy the newsgroup.

If you really care about cleaning up these newsgroups and helping good
people like yourself please think about this. Regards to all you out there.

Steve

(ps) there really is no reason to reply to this post, all I ask is you think
about what I have said. !

You're French, right?

dxAce