Old August 22nd 04, 03:54 PM
Volker Tonn

dxAce schrieb:

Volker Tonn wrote:

Ron Hardin schrieb:

It takes only half the energy for the carrier, so has half the
waste of regular AM, since the carrier carries no information.

There is NO carrier on sideband transmission.

There is on the WBCQ 5105 transmission. The LOWER sideband is supressed,
leaving all the energy (carrier) in the UPPER sideband.

Check it out. Get back to us.

Nothing but static noise on my side right now in the afternoon. Maybe
they make it here (Germany) on sunset on the transmitter site....

I just reread the initial post. It makes sense.
I even think they transmit an USB signal with carrier added and not full
AM with supressed LSB.