Old January 20th 05, 07:29 PM
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

Hi Bob

I had made a stand up tool that would cut the groove, bury the wire,
and close the hole back up, just by pushing it across the ground.

The cutting blade looked like a giant sized pizza cutter, behind it
was like a very narrow pulley that rolled the wire from it's spool
into the ground, and behind that were two wheels spaced about 1/2 inch
apart. If your familiar with how a plow or corn planter looks, it
looked just about like that, only I used two wheelbarrow handles to
make the manhandled part of the unit.

But it didn't work!

The reasons it didn't work were simple.
Sod density and moisture in the ground dictated how many concrete
blocks had to be stacked on top of the unit to provide enough weight
to cut through to the required depth.
With that many concrete blocks stacked up, you were not going to move
it easily. No problem, add two more wheels for stability and a towbar
to hook it to the riding lawn mower.
Tree and bush roots were the next problem. It would jump over them,
leaving the wire way to shallow in those areas.
Pulling it by the lawn mower meant you couldn't get close to the
fences or obstructions at the end of the run.

Solution:
Back to the meat cleaver and mallet!
Cheap to buy, easy to rig, and very fast.
But mainly, with NO mess to clean up afterwards.

TTUL
Gary