Old January 20th 05, 07:39 PM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Lenof21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

You never know what might happen.

Sorry, sweetums, I've seen what has already happened. So have
you and everyone else accessing this newsgrope.

Chicken and egg syndrome? Given the history of posters here, I would
suspect that if you were to adopt a different strategy, there would be
some posts that would be provoking. However, if ignored, that stuff goes
away.

Given the "history of posters here," especially the PCTA extras,
your good idea is merely impractical bull****.

But that's what you post now. If changing your tactics didn't work,
you'd be no worse off than you are now.

PCTA extras all pretend to be "superior" and let everyone know it.

All licensed radio amateurs; Techs, Generals and Extras; are your
superiors in that they have been issued amateur radio licenses. That is
something you don't have. Ah, but I forgot--this is your week not to
desire such a license.

Then again, I suspect you enjoy things just the way they are. 8^)

You are WRONG.

Seriously? You don't enjoy tweaking people?

The "tweaking" is easy for me to do. Most of the postings I do
simply "write themselves." :-)

....and they have that look. :-) :-)

You seem to forget that I've had a long career of working in electronics.
Electrons (in electronics) do NOT get influenced by human desires.

Have you noticed that your posts here have about the same effect upon
readers of r.r.a.p? Almost no one has been influenced by your human
desires as pertain to amateur radio.

The odd part of human nature is that the PCTA extras think that all
must follow Their rules, obey them, etc., and some get quite
fanciful in imagining the "motivations" of the NCTA.

One of more odd bits of human nature has you attributing beliefs to all
PCTA Extras as if we all had the exact same thoughts and experiences.

So another description of
what you are doing is that you are engaging in something that you hate
to do, in the interests of eliminating the Morse code test, in a Usenet
newsgroup?

Incorrect. Your speculation is nonsense.

You forget that many more readers follow what goes on in here.
They, too, can see/read the propaganda nonsense about the
nobility and efficacy of morse code and the alleged "necessity"
of the amateur radio morse code test. Those readers need a bit
of boost on the reasons AGAINST it. Myself and others have
presented opposing reasons for that code test.

Wow! Talk about speculation! How about it, lurking, never-posting
readers of r.r.a.p? Let us know if you support the self-appointed
advocate for morse code test removal of the group. Tell us if you
believe his method is effective. Let us hear if you have been swayed by
his posts.

Are you making some sort of Quixotic sacrifice in a Usenet
newsgroup in an attempt to eliminate Morse code testing?

No. If you will bother to read the 18 petitions at the FCC you
would see that it isn't some Cervantes fictional character
exercise...but, some of the proponents of the code test are
indeed human windmills whirling in dead air.

That's the same kind of charm you turned on for a couple of your
submissions to the Commission. Do you think your words swayed anyone
there or might they have thought you a crackpot?

All the arguments are old and we've heard them a lot. From both sides.

Poor baby. You seem distressed. Or perhaps your lordship
wishes better entertainment?

Are you trying to sway him to accepting your view, Len? Do you think
your comment above has been effective?

Here is a suggestion for your lordship: Use your amateur radio
license and operate your mighty transceiver on the air instead of
accessing this newsgroup. Chat with other human beings (or what
passes for same).

Do you think your charm offensive is working, Leonard?

Or, your lordship could take the lead and open up a real Chat Room
all about morse code on amateur radio and how wonderful it is and
that morsemanship should be done by all the "superior" beings. You
could develop a real following and become a Name in Chat Room
circles, get known, develop a "rep." Or even a website where you
could post "awards" given by the certificate makers and praise
yourself for being so damn good.

You're outdoing yourself. What panache! What skill!

This is NOT a "Chat Room" for idle gossip and cracker-barrel
philosophy by a few regulars who have grown overly full of themselves.

You're a regular, Len.

Even though they think they own the place (and can therefore dictate
who gets to sit in), they don't. True. They don't even when their
feathers get very ruffled by opposing opinions. (poor things...)

Do your feathers get ruffled by opposing opinions?

They are stuffed and over-stuffed. Some go to
the bursting point. Two former PCTA extras in here may have
done just that. Other PCTA extras are expected to follow.

Your words about the dead are a tribute to your personal magnetism.

Perhaps you should go to Church more often...such as to the
Church of St. Hiram, the patron saint of Newington. There you
could mass with other morsemen and celebrate the mode in
chorus with a heavenly choir. Wash your brain regularly lest all
the old, tired, trite cliches' fall out. By all means, exercise your
morsemanship regularly to be ready for the Second Coming of
Aliens so you can defeat them via morse code and thereby
Save the World. After all, you are "superior" through morse code.

Yes, Len, your people skills rival those of Carl. Yessir, you really
have Mike on the verge of changing his mind. I'm sure the throng of
lurkers is cheering wildly.

Dave K8MN