Old August 23rd 04, 12:27 AM
Bob Monaghan

thanks for the URL, very nifty; I didn't know about the Houston launch ;-)

the last NTex Balloon Project launch had both balloons lost on launching
(windy); we were monitoring at our campus club station, and heard another
balloon launch in Oklahoma on the same frequencies ;-) Quite a surprise,
as we knew only an average of a launch every year or so in our area ;-)
We are putting up some satellite antennas on a used kenpro AZ-EL rotator,
so now we will be better able to track these balloon launches with your
URL! ;-)

Our campus radio club is working on a balloon launch project to celebrate
our 75th anniversary next semester; I have CWIDer and beacon locator chips
and boards being ordered this week. So maybe we can add a fun special
event station project to the mix next year, if we can get the rest of the
funding we need ;-)

regards bobm
* Robert Monaghan POB 752182 Southern Methodist Univ. Dallas Tx 75275 *