Old August 24th 04, 12:04 PM
Stephan Grossklass

Ed Viladevall schrieb:

Hi,

I am looking to buy my first SW radio, and it looks like the
Yacht Boy or the 7600GR ar egood ones. I don't want to spend
more than about $200 right now, so which would you all
recommend ?

If your priorities are more on the shortwave reception side, the Sony.
The Grundig is better when it comes to FM reception and speaker sound.
(FM selectivity on the Sony can, however, be improved considerably by
replacing the very wide stock IF filters. Two 150 kHz or one 150 kHz
plus one 110 kHz filter will make the set grow quite some ears unless
you're in an area with very strong FM signals which may overload the rx.
In this case, very careful operation of the attenuator thumb wheel may
help.)

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 1xP3-500E, 512 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W