Old September 21st 04, 02:40 PM
Ken

Default Remote longwire & counterpoise?

What options do I have in bringing a longwire antenna and tuned
counterpoise ground to my tuner -- in addition to using the terminals
provided?

Unfortunately, the tuner is 15 ft from the window that both leads will
be coming in from. Rather then string the wires (both RF hot) across
the room, can I connect them to a balun and run co-ax? What balun?
Will I experience large losses in the coax?

Any point in hooking the two leads to ladderline and running that? If
that works, do I still use the ground and longwire terminals of my
tuner? Or the balanced antenna terminals?

If the ladderline works, how long can I make it? It would be more
convenient to have the longwire run to the trees from my attic (and
the counterpoise leave from there), rather than my shack. Could I go
to 50 ft of ladderline?

Ken KC2JDY

Ken
(to reply via email