Old August 25th 04, 09:25 PM
Alicyn

In article ,
says...
In article ,
says...
Hi,

Could you folks recommend a great shortwave receive/transmit
kit? Would prefer that it has a PLL. I also want to work the
pirate CB frequencies.

Slick

In my opinion, most of the ready to assemble kits sold these days are
nothing more than toys. With that said, you might want to checkout matco
publishing for plans/schematics and diymedia.net/links/ischem.html.For
complete kits go to elecraft.com. Elecraft is one of the few exceptions
to the toy kit makers. Ten-Tec also sells some kits. If any one knows of
any others, please post them.

I forgot to mention, if you want to modify an existing CB radio, you
might want to look at cbcintl.com