Old August 28th 04, 01:36 AM
Robert Sillett

It is interesting that your definition of destroying the band is completely
opposite of mine. I thoroughly enjoy Deutsche Welle, especially auf
Deutsch, and will take the DW DRM transmissions instead of the old coots on
80 meters every day!

I have been eagerly looking forward to fall/winter when 3995 starts to boom
into North America. I'll have to check out the frequency tonight.

Now if we could just get the idiot preacher to sign off 6090 at night so I
could listen to Radio Luxembourg in DRM....

Bob, N3OEA

"dxAce" wrote in message
I have sent this message to DW's frequency manager via their website:

Dear Sirs:

Your choice of 3995 kHz to conduct DRM tests is a disaster for the
amateur
radio service. American hams have learned to live with broadcasters and
utilities in this part of the band, but demolishing a solid 10 kHz of
bandwidth is totally inexcusable. Please consider ceasing these
transmissions or retiming them so that they will not propagate to North
America.

Destroying a major portion of a busy band is no way to win fans for DRM
or
for Deutsche Welle.

Sincerely,

Al Quaglieri
Amateur radio NN2U and shortwave listener
NY
(via HardCoreDX)

dxAce