Old September 22nd 04, 01:40 AM
Lou W

Default Iam in the prcess of putting a 80 mtr inverted V up

I have read conflicting reccomendations about feeding this with 450 ohm
ladder. 300, ohm twin lead or using coax with a balun.
Are the any resons to pick/or not use any othe the above systems? Also my
tuner is an MFJ 941-D and the rig is a Kenwood
TS680S. At some point I will upgrade the rig. Should I look for a better,
moderately priced, tuner to help as intend to work
as many bands a I am able. I will of course be playinhg with building and
testing may homebrew antenna in the future.IOW
is my tuner a POS or is it passable for the time being.
TIA
Lou KE6LZS