Old September 22nd 04, 02:10 AM
Irv Finkleman

Lou W wrote:

I have read conflicting reccomendations about feeding this with 450 ohm
ladder. 300, ohm twin lead or using coax with a balun.
Are the any resons to pick/or not use any othe the above systems? Also my
tuner is an MFJ 941-D and the rig is a Kenwood
TS680S. At some point I will upgrade the rig. Should I look for a better,
moderately priced, tuner to help as intend to work
as many bands a I am able. I will of course be playinhg with building and
testing may homebrew antenna in the future.IOW
is my tuner a POS or is it passable for the time being.
TIA
Lou KE6LZS

An 80M inverted V will work just fine on all bands using your 941D. There
is nothing wrong with the rig. The difference between expensive 450 ladder
line and the cheapest 300 twin lead will be insignificant. I ran my
inverted V for 13 years using cheapo twin lead and never had a problem
with dust, rain, or anything that the naysayers can come up with. If you
use coax and a balun you will only be good for 80M.

Hope this helps...

Irv VE6BP
--
Diagnosed Type II Diabetes March 5 2001