Old August 28th 04, 05:50 PM
Mark Zenier

In article ,
Diverd4777 wrote:
Theres a slow outgoing tide on the river and I wonder
- What would a Really Big tidal Wave look like round here..
I Imagine
The outgoing tide'd pick up a bit, slowing down the barge traffic,
and the current wouold go faster, forming some White water.
The water level would start to drop.
Boats couldn't fight the current and you'd see guys running around throwing
out anchor lines
trynig to stabilise their craft
Now white caps would be really big, and the boats would be going sideways,
sounding their horns,
and the ground might start to tremble
and the water level would start dropping rapidly, exposing more and more
bottom.
And the tugs would frantically try to cut the barges loose as
the current sucked them all downstream..
The river would start to roar, roar loud, and the ground would shake,
and I't grab my stuff and my Bike and throw it over my shoulder
and run as fast as I could up the bank,
up the stairs, trying to get away
Scrambling up the stairs as it got darker and darker, not look downstream
just focus on getting up hill

real fast.

And the Bike and Shortwave would then be a lifeboat because
maybe if I got up the next 100 foot hill
I could

Supposedly, there's an unstable moutainside on a volcano in the Azores
(or Canary Islands?) with New York City's name on it. (Along with most of
the North Atlantic's seacoasts).

Mark Zenier Washington State resident