Old August 28th 04, 10:55 PM
RFCOMMSYS

Hello all. I started reading rec.radio.shortwave hoping to gain some
information about -- of all the crazy notions - shortwave radio. I'm
reading quite a lot of political debate which I think is great, but before
I jumped into the fray with any questions or comments I figured it'd be
polite to introduce myself to explain my interest and to assure y'all that
I'm not some random troll. I know usenet isn't without its games so you
don't have to believe anything I write; my hopes are that sincerity might
be enough proof.

I'm a former Navy submarine electronics technician (both communications
and navigation) with an interest in the construction, operation and
maintenance of sound-reproducing equipment, mainly guitar amplifiers and
radio receivers. I'm interested in learning anything you can relay about
shortwave and will probably mostly read what you have to offer, but with
all this political talk I'm sure I'll be tempted to put in my two cents.

I look forward to reading and learning from this group.

Welcome! Anything interesting you can tell us about the VLF communications
equipment on subs?