Old August 28th 04, 11:56 PM
Johnny Lipps

I suppose that depends on what you already know. I don't want to turn this
into a thread because any gear in a radio room that's REALLY interesting
couldn't be discussed online anyway.

So, without being too coy (or too open):
This might be sacrilege, but for me the "coolest" aspects of Verdin (and
now SLVR - great to see the Navy stepping into the late-20th century) were
the message-processing functions of the system. Receivers will always
rely on the same basics, but it's those subsystems that deal with the data
AFTERWARDS that presented the greatest and most exciting challenges as a
technician and (later) developer. But that's all in the past. I do
websites now; less stress, no life and death decisions (no matter what the
client thinks).

On 28 Aug 2004 21:55:33 GMT, RFCOMMSYS wrote:

Anything interesting you can tell us about the VLF communications
equipment on subs?