Old August 29th 04, 10:17 AM
Johnny Lipps

I didn't know anybody in the Navy's marching band so I couldn't tell you
if the brass (let alone the percussionists) were aware of any impact
active SONAR may have on whales and dolphins.
While we're off-topic: some reports indicate a rise in the use of phantom
citations in passive-aggressive Usenet posts.

Cheers,

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 07:52:46 GMT, m II wrote:

Johnny Lipps wrote:

I'm a former Navy submarine electronics technician (both
communications and navigation) with an interest in the construction,
operation and maintenance of sound-reproducing equipment, mainly
guitar amplifiers and radio receivers.

Hi Johnny..just out of curiosity, when did the Navy Brass find out that
the sonar was damaging and killing whales and dolphins? Some reports
say there may have been tens of thousands of these animals killed
because of direct damage or a later inability to navigate or swim.

Any insights welcome.

mike