Old August 29th 04, 11:57 AM
Volker Tonn

Johnny Lipps schrieb:

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 20:11:17 -0600, uncle arnie
wrote:

I moved up the R-75 after using a Sangean ATS-909, Grundig YB-400. I also
have an ATS-606 and YB-300.

That one sentence kicked off a lot of reading! After poring over the
archives and looking all over the net, I'm down to the R-75, the
PCR-1000 and Ten-Tec's RX-320 as fitting my price-range and having the
features I think I'm most interested in. And I found Linux controllers
for all of them.

If you're mostly interested into shortwave go with the R-75 or the RX-320.
There is some _very_ nice software for the RX-320. The newer RX-320'D'
will also support DRM. Don't know about Linux software supporting DRM...
If you like a standalone receiver go with the R-75.
The PCR1000 is comparable with the Sony 2010 on shortwave performance,
not too bad for a widerange receiver of that price. But the PCR-1000 is
far behind the R-75 on shortwave.
..
..
(T)RX:
NRD-525 with serial interface
PCR-1000 without UT-106 DSP
Yaesu FT50-R
Sony ICF-2001D (2010)
Albrecht AE300 100Khz-2.060Ghz AM FM SSB no gaps
Loewe Opta LO50 stereo radio with valves FM AM LW SW
Trio 9R-59DS

audio:
Datong FL2 analog audio filter in series with
Dierking GD 82NF analog audio filter in series with
Kenwood HiFI-amp with integrated equalizer feeding
AKG K-240Monitor headphones and/or hifi-speakers

antennas:
Magnetic loop 18-31Mhz remote tuning
Discone 25-1300Mhz
FD-antenna 40.5mtr/ 135 ft
FD-antenna 13.8mtr/ 44 ft
rain gutter areal app. 150 mtr/ 495 ft
Yaesu FRT7700 preselector
Yaesu FRA7700 selective active antenna/ modified for selective preamp

....and last but not least a bunch of computers...