Old August 30th 04, 02:02 AM
Johnny Lipps

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 13:13:11 -0600, uncle arnie
wrote:

What Linux are you running? I have a debian-based system, running tk75
for
the R-75.
http://www.parnass.org/tk75/ , though I am using computer control less
often
these days. I think I want to run the receiver from my palm pilot (!)

Eventually I want to use Linux as a multimedia controller and have a
laptop on which I've been running different releases to get a feel for
them. Started with Knoppix, then Debian, Suse, Fedora, Slackware...Xbox
Linux intrigues me as well (there's a brief explanation as to why on my
website : http://www.benhellmann.com/ . Johnny Lipps is my stage name.
Figure if I'm gonna be here awhile, y'all oughta know who you're reading
-- let the recriminations begin). It seems TK75 would run fine on all, so
it's really a matter of determining the strengths of each release for my
goals, which are really general at the moment.

As far as using computer control less, is this because you became more
comfortbale with the hardware interface or that you've dialed in all the
settings you need to with TK75 and can now operate the R-75 without having
to change those settings?

The archives have been extremely helpful in sorting through what can be an
overwhelming set of possibilities, and I thank everybody for their input.