Old August 30th 04, 03:05 AM
G. Ashba

Default Another introduction

Hi folks- I=B9ve been an on-and-off casual SWL for almost 40 years, since I
built a Heath =B3Star-Roamer=B2 when I was about 14. I was active for several
years until I got sidetracked by THE GIRLS! I pretty much forgot about
DX=B9ing till about10 years ago, when (now married and =B3settled down=B2) I foun=
a working Hallicrafters S-120 at a garage sale for $6.00. I couldn=B9t resis=
it, and with a truly CRAPPY antenna, used it for the next couple years to
listen to BBC, Radio Moscow and DW.
About a month ago, at yet another garage sale, (Can you tell I=B9m a
CHEAPSKATE??) I found a Realistic DX-300 in excellent condition for $7.00.
Now, I realize that this receiver isn=B9t in the same league as the iComs,
Ten-tecs and Drakes that most of you use, but for me it was a HUGE step up
and the price couldn=B9t be beat! I bought it, installed an improved (but
still insufficient) antenna, and now I=B9m hooked again! I=B9m logging the kin=
of stations that I could only dream of in years past, and expect that with
this groups kind guidance, my listening and DX=B9ing experience will only
become more enjoyable. Maybe I=B9ll even be able to make some worthwhile
contributions!
That=B9s my story and I=B9m stickin=B9 to it...
Thanks and good luck
Glen