Old September 22nd 04, 11:46 PM
Yuri Blanarovich

Here is an audio file of an interview with Robert Vincent; it's the
second on the list. Click on the "Lofi" button and play with
RealPlayer or Windows Media Player.

http://www.ampcast.com/music/11261/music.php

yep, yep, what a comedy!

This guy is a jerk, has no clue about workings of antennas.
I tried to listen to this joker, but gave up after his statement that he
managed (BS) to get the current accross the loaded radiator (against laws of
physics) to be constant (with loading coils and helix inserted) and then he
states (rightly) that efficiency of the antenna is proportional to the
integrated current curve. Then the miracle: his shortened antenna of about 1/3
length over 1/4 wave vertical has the same effciency as (2/3 longer, rest of
the curve) full size radiator. Shorter curve - same area? Clueless in ....
Looks like the cafeteria technician and physics department of URI are on the
same wavelength as "Done" Rather. Giving amateurs and University bad name,
setting themselves as a target for ridicule. I am glad I didn't send my kids to
URI :-)

Oh well,

Yuri, K3BU.us