Old August 30th 04, 07:21 AM
starman

Welcome to the group. I built a Star-Roamer for a friend in the 60's. It
was made by Knight-Kit. You certainly got a good buy on the DX-300.
There are quite a few mod's for it on the Net. Just do a Google search
for them. Some of the mod's for the DX-302 will work for your DX-300
too.

"G. Ashba" wrote:

Hi folks- Iıve been an on-and-off casual SWL for almost 40 years, since I
built a Heath ³Star-Roamer² when I was about 14. I was active for several
years until I got sidetracked by THE GIRLS! I pretty much forgot about
DXıing till about10 years ago, when (now married and ³settled down²) I found
a working Hallicrafters S-120 at a garage sale for $6.00. I couldnıt resist
it, and with a truly CRAPPY antenna, used it for the next couple years to
listen to BBC, Radio Moscow and DW.
About a month ago, at yet another garage sale, (Can you tell Iım a
CHEAPSKATE??) I found a Realistic DX-300 in excellent condition for $7.00.
Now, I realize that this receiver isnıt in the same league as the iComs,
Ten-tecs and Drakes that most of you use, but for me it was a HUGE step up
and the price couldnıt be beat! I bought it, installed an improved (but
still insufficient) antenna, and now Iım hooked again! Iım logging the kind
of stations that I could only dream of in years past, and expect that with
this groups kind guidance, my listening and DXıing experience will only
become more enjoyable. Maybe Iıll even be able to make some worthwhile
contributions!
Thatıs my story and Iım stickinı to it...
Thanks and good luck
Glen