Old August 30th 04, 02:35 PM
Jack Painter

"Johnny Lipps" wrote (in essence)

I'm going with the RX-320. Now I have to read up on constructing the best
antenna for an apartment in an urban area.

Ben Hellmann,
Providence, RI
USA

I don't care what your political leanings are and I will be glad to offer
constructive comments about SWL.

You made your choice on receivers, now whatever your neighbors/owner etc
will tolerate is all that's left to bring in best reception possible.
Hanging a temporary wire out to a tree, pole or even the ground works great
if nothing permanent is allowed. We've done this from hotel rooms on the
oceanfront with great success. Even had a police helo take an eye-level look
at our yagi and aerials on the balcony, and long wires strung down to
lightpoles on the boardwalk. Six of us waved back and nobody stormed the
place. ;-)

If you are on the top floor of an apartment, atic-access might allow a real
network of random wire, or even a loop antenna. This could outperform many
kinds of random wires in the yard.

Best regards,

Jack
Va Beach