Old August 30th 04, 03:39 PM
Vincent Everett

Longwire - any antenna which uses a single end-fed element which is several
wavelengths long. A longwire is directional toward its far end: More
wavelengths long = more directional.

I have my longwire pointing SE at approx. 6' high. I also use a preselector/
antenna tuner for fine adjustment. Works very well for me.
"m II" wrote in message
Vincent Everett wrote:
6,752 Trenton Military 0213 USB 30/Aug/2004
Aero Wx for Canada (VE)

11,251 RAF Volmet 0107 USB 30/Aug/2004
"This is RAF Volmet...."
Continuous Aero Wx. (VE)

Automatic Aviation Volmet weather information HF broadcast system.
Volmet is French and means "flying weather".

DX-394 w/100' longwire ant.
Antwerp,NY USA
(VE)

That's a good length of wire. Which direction is it most sensitive in?
It was mentioned earlier that real longwire antennas will be sensitive
towards the end, while mere 'random' wire antennas are sensitive at
ninety degrees to the length.

What have you noticed?

mike