Old August 31st 04, 01:58 AM
Buzzygirl

"mbacklund" wrote in message
It is probably illegal to repeat ham conversations, but I very seriously
doubt there is any similar rule regarding SW broadcasting.

I have an amateur radio license. I have not heard of any such rules on
repeating ham conversations. There was nothing about that in the rules I
studied to get the license, anyway. The general rule for ham conversations
is, if you wouldn't want to have your mom or kids overhear what you're
saying, then don't say it. But that has nothing to do with others listening
in and repeating what they heard in terms of its legality. In my (limited)
experience, most hams I've heard tend to focus on stuff like their radio
gear, the weather, and the conversants' various health maladies. Like anyone
would want to repeat any of that anyway!

Jackie