Old August 31st 04, 02:44 AM
m II

longwave wrote:
Telamon wrote:

What a difference between Boston Democratic convention where the
protesters had to be in a cage and were not allowed to march past the
convention center and New York where they can as long as it is planned
and non violent.

I guess the Republicans have more respect for free speech.

Is that why participants at a Republican rally had to sign loyalty oaths
to get in?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...C+loyalty+oath

Look at this. A veteran who plays taps at American Legion funerals got
escorted out by POLICE! This is a disgrace committed in the name of a
draft dodger. Just outrageous. Democracy is truly dead in the land of
Jefferson.

=================================
Nick Lucy, a 64-year-old veteran and Democrat, said he was turned away
from a May 7 rally in Dubuque, Iowa, at which President Bush spoke even
though he had a ticket given to him by a local Republican leader. Lucy,
who was not asked to sign a form, said he has seen every president since
Ronald Reagan, but he was denied access because he is not a registered
Republican. He is a Democrat and a past commander of the American Legion
in Dubuque who plays taps at veterans' funerals.

''They asked the police to escort me out of there," Lucy said. ''I
wasn't going to disrupt anything, but I probably wasn't going to clap a
lot, either. Every rally the president goes to everyone is cheering for
him because they're handpicked."

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar...rnc_ralli es/

Wrapped URL? Dump the Microsoft newsreader!

http://tinyurl.com/63b2z

mike