Old August 31st 04, 03:22 AM
Brenda Ann Dyer

"Tony Meloche" wrote in message

Margaret von Busenhalter-Butt wrote:

I'm thinking of getting an Icom IC-R8500 instead of the much more

expensive
AOR AR5000 +3. So what will I miss between 2 GHz and 3GHz that is only
covered by the AOR?

Cheers,

Margaret

Well, here's one possible way of looking at it: If you have no idea
what, if anything, is between 2 and 3 GHz (I admit I don't), you likely
wouldn't miss it at all. Just a thought.

Not a lot to hear in that band. Some amateur TV, IIRC, but mostly it's
digital stuff.. WiFi (wireless internet), digital spread spectrum cordless
phones, newer digital spread spectrum cell phones, etc. I've never heard an
analog voice signal in that range.