Old August 31st 04, 11:46 PM
michael agner

The Hunters no longer use the list of freqs that has been floating
around for ages; they do patch sometimes on 13927USB and sometimes will
check in on the various MWARA nets.
You need to take a look at this list; it's quite up to date:

http://www.ominous-valve.com/hurricne.txt

If you don't have a utility to import these freqs, whoo boy you've
got some typing to do....
73s and GL...Mike

ScanMan wrote:

Getting ready for another one here, can someone please post some current
hurricane hunter frequencies, would like to try and monitor them in the next
few days as I track this storm. My list of HF freqs are poorly outdated, I
think.

And when does the Hurricane Watch Net activate usually? Is there a distance
from landfall point or is it when actual warnings are issued or what? When
do they decide to actually transmit?