Old September 1st 04, 07:25 PM
Frank Dresser

"Space Ghost" wrote in message
Can you kind folks recommend frequencies and times for the more
"esoteric" programming being broadcast on shortwave these days?

For a brief period during the late '90s, I owned a DX-392 radio
and absolutely loved listening to all the bizarre and batty stuff
that I could get my hands on.

Good news! There's even more programming featuring "Special Knowledge" than
there was then. There are even more transmitters in operation now, and
rates are probably cheaper.

Programs like "the Hal Turner Show" (impassioned anti-semetic and
anti-government propaganda interlaced with endless new world order
conspiracies) and Radio Habana (which sometimes seemed to erupt
into nothing but screaming announcers blasting the "imperialistic
American DOGS") were my favorites.

Hal isn't broadcasting now. He was always trying to get his loyal listeners
to send in more money. It seems racism is like a lot of other things. It's
more enjoyable if you treat it as a hobby, rather than as a business.

Where does such underground, unfettered dementia live these days?
Given my sick sense of humor, the more extremist and radical the
programming, the more I enjoy listening. g

The guy who best fits that bill is George W. Gentry. George Gentry is a
black racist who claims God will toss all white people, red people and the
black people who aren't with the program into the lake of fire. He says all
white people are descended from a biblical character cursed with leprosy --
this was the first white man.

I don't think the leprosy -- white race connection is original with Gentry.
It seems familiar and maybe I heard Louis Farakahn or somebody else mention
it on the radio. Gentry excels at original research. He read a book about
the history of the Irish, and he figured from the book that all the original
Irish people were black. He conceded this conclusion wasn't exactly
intended by the book's author.

George W. Gentry is on WWCR 5.070 MHz, Sunday 5:30-6:00AM central. Listen
for a gravely voiced black man.

In many ways, Pastor Peter J. Peters is Gentry's opposite number, but Pastor
Peters sticks with the old canards, and doesn't seem to do any original
research. Jackie Patru is even less inspired, but she does have an involved
website:

http://www.sweetliberty.org/

Jackie Patru has been involved in the SW wars which center around the
Genesis Communications Network broadcasters. The SW wars reached a head
about this time last year, when gold bugs Jeffery Bennett and Ted Anderson
got into a kilowatt level shouting match, each saying essentially "My gold
is better than your gold!" Anyway, the SW wars still loom in the
background, and veiled remarks about GCN double dealing are still sometimes
heard.

The Alex Jones Show is the most accessible, in both style and content, of
the Patriot-Black Helicopter shows. Regardless of content, I think Jones is
a top rank broadcaster, and puts on a great show.

Texe Marrs is a friend of Alex Jones, and has had an influence on him.
Marrs' show is more evangelical than Jones'.

Dave Frantz of WWRB has kicked the Alex Jones Show, and as far as I know,
all the other GCN shows, off his stations. Frantz sometimes will rant on
during his stations free times. Among his more memorable rants are the
"Gulf War HAARP activity caused SW fadeouts and killer tornadoes" and the
"Satan's World Wide Web" rants. He also likes to play big band music.

James Lloyd is also not to be missed. Lloyd studies Biblical Prophesy and
applies it to today's world. He predicted the large terrorist attack of
July 4, 2002, based on his reading of the Bible. He has also called his a
couple of his fellow SW hosts "total idiots" and "false prophets". James
Lloyd usually sounds mildly stoned, and has a heh-heh-heh psycho laugh.

Brother Stair is absolutely wonderful, especially when you realize that
whatever Brother Stair is talking about, he is actually talking about
Brother Stair. A little of the back story is helpful:

http://thenetteam.net/

http://www.rickross.com/groups/rgstair.html

My QTH is southern California (as far as where I'll be tuning in
from). Which, sadly, I guess, precludes me from receiving any
entertaining middle-eastern signals rife with references to "the
head of the snake," ad nausea.

I don't know how well the domestic SW broadcasters get to Southern
California. It's too bad the University for Peace kicked out RFPI. RFPI
would oftentimes put on the most Anti-American Americans they could find.
Maybe it's not all that bad. The Anti-American Americans never put as much
energy into their Anti-Americanism as, say, the broadcasters at Radio Peking
or Radio Tirana. The Anti-American Americans are more into golf whispering.
RFPI says they will be back, just as soon as they get the funds together.

Frank Dresser