Old September 2nd 04, 12:19 AM
Brenda Ann Dyer

"-=jd=-" wrote in message
On Wed 01 Sep 2004 06:23:53a, "Dwight Stewart"
wrote in message
. net:

You will also see Kerry's DD-215 (correction to DD-214). That may hold the
correct information, but I can't get that document to open. Perhaps you
can. If it does clear up the erroneous info on his DD-214, I trust you
will let us know.

Apparently amended to read: (corrected to read)

Item #24

Presidential Unit Citation Ribbon
Navy Unit Citation Ribbon

Republic of Vietnam MUC Gallantry Cross Medal Color with Palm
Republic of Vietnam MUC Civil Action Medal Color with Palm

Delete: Vietnam Service Medal
Add: Vietnam Service Medal with 4 bronze stars.

Date: 20010312
Official Authorized To Sign: Martin, Dena M. Grade: GS-11 Title: Head,
Retired Records Section

I have no idea whether this negates the awards listed under Line 24, page 2
of his DD-214 (Bronze star with combat "V", Silver star with combat "V", 3
purple hearts).