Old September 2nd 04, 01:48 AM
Mike Tschel.

Thanks for the posts....glad to know it wasn't my aftershave! Seriously
though, I realize they have incompetent help, they push C-Phones for
"Spiffs" and generally have gotten to the point where C Crane, et al. are
the places to buy decent radios, antennas, etc.

I guess it was the total, complete lack of wanting to help me that really
brought that home. Sigh, anger aside...it's a shame. While their prices were
nothing to write home about, at times even a gyp - the fact they were
everywhere and almost always had what I wanted that made this a bitter pill.

On the upside, I wanted a Uniden or Bearcat anyway - so maybe it was fate.

Mike T

"Nobody You Know" wrote in message

[...]

I tossed the catalog on the counter, and said "Lady, you not only don't

know
what you're talking about, you just lost a $400 sale". (I pulled out my
money to prove I was serious) "See you later".

I'm writing a letter to Radio Shack Canada - not that it will do any

good,
but it can't hurt. Unless it's cheap cables, adaptors, etc - I will never
buy anything over $20 again. I've heard they're really bad nowadays - but
nothing could have prepared me for this. It was almost like they were
discouraging me from buying a product.

Mike

Hey, maybe they'll send you a free $1.00 coupon towards a cell phone

purchase.
Oy vay, such a deal !

Nations are like leaves; they change color before they fall.